Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys Please please help!

• Please log in to reply

dellaseren

dellaseren

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there,

Last week I had the BSOD relating to iastor.sys, which crashed the computer about a minute after booting in normal mode, but I could boot in all safe modes with no problem. I sorted this, but literally about an hour after I finally managed to fix it, I got another BSOD relating to tcpip.sys.

I'm not THAT techy, just know a few bits here and there, and have so far, no idea how to fix this problem. I'd only ask for help if I was REALLY stumped! So I really need someone's expert advice if anyone has any! :) I've attached the minidump file as a zip file, if this helps!! Attached File  Minidump Zip.zip   148.9KB   110 downloads

Thanks to anyone who has any idea's at all!! x

Attached File  Minidump Zip.zip   148.9KB   110 downloads

Advertisements

dellaseren

dellaseren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just to add a bit more info. I seemed to sort the problem out for a few hours, by messing around with netsh commands? However I don't know if this was really what temporarily fixed it, and I ended up with my wireless adaptor not working. I couldn't fix that, so I did a system restore to an earlier point, and again the tcpip.sys problem came back.

I checked the minidump folder and it seems there's some in there from when I was having the iastor.sys problem now too. I don't know if this would help a bit more maybe? As I assume they're related, or at least whatever I did to fix the iastor BSOD caused the tcpip BSOD lol. Argh, going a bit mad here! :) the extra minidump files are attached!!

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!! xx Attached File  minidumpzip2.zip   318.53KB   104 downloads

dellaseren

dellaseren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can't seem to fix this no matter what I do! Does anyone have any suggestions where else I may be able to go for help? Thanks :)

dellaseren

dellaseren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I realise no-one could really help with this problem! But just in case someone finds this and has the same problem. It seems to only occur if I have torrent software running. Unfortunately for me, I use torrents to distribute a set of free ebooks I have written for university. It's not an option for me not to run torrent software!

For anyone who has any idea - I have seen in other forums with people with similar problems as I do, that it could be the program PC Tools causing the problem? Can anyone tell this from my dump files? x

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

It seems to only occur if I have torrent software running. Unfortunately for me, I use torrents to distribute a set of free ebooks I have written for university. It's not an option for me not to run torrent software!

Most likely a infection but I will try a few things before saying for sure.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions and program

dellaseren

dellaseren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks so much for replying, attached is the requested log! Hope this helps! Thanks again!

==================================================
Dump File : 062311-24991-01.dmp
Crash Time : 23/06/2011 14:17:44
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : 0x00000006
Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x8b8961f2
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+77428
File Description : TCP/IP Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+415cb
Stack Address 1 : tcpip.sys+6f1f2
Stack Address 2 : tcpip.sys+67766
Stack Address 3 : tcpip.sys+66c26
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\062311-24991-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 145,864

Dump File : 062211-28236-01.dmp
Crash Time : 22/06/2011 21:19:55
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : 0x00000006
Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x8b8891f2
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+77428
File Description : TCP/IP Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+415cb
Stack Address 1 : tcpip.sys+6f1f2
Stack Address 2 : tcpip.sys+67766
Stack Address 3 : tcpip.sys+66c26
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\062211-28236-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 145,840

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   4.01KB   98 downloads

Edited by dellaseren, 24 June 2011 - 04:02 AM.

dellaseren

dellaseren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Also I just thought I'd add what I've tried so far. I've run PC Tools' full scan countless times, I've run Malwarebytes. I've run ZZrootkit finder. I've run AVG PC Tools & AVG virus scan. Microsoft Security Essentials was somehow uninstalled (I think a previous virus I had did this) so I've just installed that and I'm running a scan via it now! <Edit> Scan finished, nothing found! </Edit> If I think of anything else I'll add it!

Also, I ran the command "netsh winsock reset catalog" and "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt". This seemed to work in that the computer will now stay on as long as I do not run any torrent software as mentioned above.

Thanks!!

Edited by dellaseren, 23 June 2011 - 01:15 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here