Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help creating game!

• Please log in to reply

pieman1005

pieman1005

• Pip
  • 2 posts
THE PLAN

Me and my friend really want to create a game. The game would be similar to Warcraft 3 made by blizzard. We want it to be like an online multiplayer game, possibly web browser based, where the whole point is like a third person squad control game. Basically you would start with a crappy squad of about 5 men. Slowly you would grind in games by sending your troops out from your base to other peoples bases. Your base would start off as a small camp. And with more and more money gained from playing the game you would upgrade your barracks and make things like armor depots or motor pools or even air strips. The best level you could attain would be something like t10. Where you had an army of like 500 men and you could attack other peoples bases. The battles would be real time hosted by a server, where bolth players start at a random starting point on a selected map. The players would use their troops to flank, bait and rush. The game would look kind oflike Rome Total War™. The map would be something like a country. Possibly the United states. Players could create alliances, group together to hunt down others. Larger Groups can become factions and even countries, giving them a troop boost, and automatic cash flow to upgrade.

THE PROBLEM

The main problem is me and my friend have no idea how to program or how to even learn to program.

Please help us with this.

Advertisements

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
pieman1005-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

What you're talking about would require hundreds of man-hours of work, by a team of dozens of professional programmers with years of experience. Companies like Blizzards spend months, sometimes years, working on these games. If professional game creation is something you seriously want to look into, it's going to take years of studying and learning- programming isn't something you learn overnight, trust me! If you want to learn to program, you'll want to start with a few basic languages like Java and C++. Also, check out the forums over at XKCD; there's a lot of great learning material over there! Happy trails!

pieman1005

pieman1005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!