Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Wendywoo0805

Wendywoo0805

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi,

My pc has been fine up to the weekend. I have noticed it running slow & ads etc popping up since :-( Anyway....... I cant run any of the OTL versions....... I have run Rkill and exehelper and MBAM is apparently gonna take about 3 hours to download. HeLP PLEASE !!!!!!

maybe I should say my OS is Windows 7 & I have been using MSE as my antivirus

Wendywoo

Edited by Wendywoo0805, 15 June 2011 - 07:17 AM.

Advertisements

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hi,

Do you still need help?

I cant run any of the OTL versions.......

Does the malware block it from running or are you getting an error message?

Wendywoo0805

Wendywoo0805

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
It starts to run but gets to a particlar spot in the process then just sticks( if you touch the mouse for any reason aT that point it just says its not responding)

That happens with all versions

i have persevered with various online scanners etc but tho thigs appear a little easier now I still cant run OTL :-(

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Note: If using Firefox right-click on any download links and choose Save As

Please download OTH to your desktop
Please download OTL to your desktop

Double click the OTH file to run it and click Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank.

Posted Image

Then select Start OTL. OTL will now run

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Click the Internet Explorer button, post these logs in your Virus Removal topic.

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.