Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

• Please log in to reply

guitar_freak8894

guitar_freak8894

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
k just before i decide to uninstall spyware doctor i have some quarantined files (viruses and tracking cookies and such that it found during scanning). If I uninstall SD what happens to those quarantined files?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I don't know. It may or may not ask you if you want the quarantined files deleted. Most AV software does this.

guitar_freak8894

guitar_freak8894

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
OK well there was a "restore file" and "remove file" option in the "quarantined" tab so I selected remove file. SD didn't warn me about files infecting my laptop if I remove so I would presume it's safe to do so. I'm running a McAfee scan as I'm typing this anyway to make sure. I'll let you know if I get anymore BSOD or freezes and post the BSOD minidumps here.

Edited by guitar_freak8894, 07 August 2011 - 01:45 PM.

guitar_freak8894

guitar_freak8894

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Just noting that I havent got a BSOD or freeze since I unistalled Spyware Doctor. I also noticed that they were updating their database a lot, nearly everyday I was getting a notification saying Spyware Doctor needed to be updated.