Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Acces Both Ways?

• Please log in to reply

mem928

mem928

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I work in medical billing. From my office, I remote into two different clinics and do their billing daily. We are currently using E-MDs EMR programs for both sites. I have my personal printer driver set up to print from their sides to the printer at my desk. Recently, while working on reports, I was told I could print to file for one clinic. I'm trying to export my report through the E-MDs system to an excel spreadsheet. Clinic A has excel loaded on their end so theres no issue there. Clinic B, however, does not have Excel and their IT guy is very hard to communicate with and difficult to get convince when I need things loaded on their end to finish the job on my end. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to access my Excel from my main desktop I log into before I remote in to either site. We have a wonderful IT guy for my office, however, he's unavailable at the moment and I have a 107page report I would like to export instead of printing and typing into Excel myself. I had even thought to export to Excel from Clinic B regardless of them having it, load the file into an email and send it to myself. However, as I said, their IT guy is (for lack of a more mature word) a complete jerk. I am unable to log into yahoo, gmail, windows live, or aol emails because he has blocks and the javascript has not been updated in months. He refuses to cooperate with me. Is there a way to pull up my main desktop files on Clinic B side while remoted into them? I would appreciate any feedback you guys can offer. This is getting to be quite frustrating. Thanks so much! -- Mary

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello mem928

I work in medical billing. From my office, I remote into two different clinics and do their billing daily. We are currently using E-MDs EMR programs for both sites. I have my personal printer driver set up to print from their sides to the printer at my desk. Recently, while working on reports, I was told I could print to file for one clinic. I'm trying to export my report through the E-MDs system to an excel spreadsheet. Clinic A has excel loaded on their end so theres no issue there. Clinic B, however, does not have Excel and their IT guy is very hard to communicate with and difficult to get convince when I need things loaded on their end to finish the job on my end. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to access my Excel from my main desktop I log into before I remote in to either site. We have a wonderful IT guy for my office, however, he's unavailable at the moment and I have a 107page report I would like to export instead of printing and typing into Excel myself. I had even thought to export to Excel from Clinic B regardless of them having it, load the file into an email and send it to myself. However, as I said, their IT guy is (for lack of a more mature word) a complete jerk. I am unable to log into yahoo, gmail, windows live, or aol emails because he has blocks and the javascript has not been updated in months. He refuses to cooperate with me. Is there a way to pull up my main desktop files on Clinic B side while remoted into them? I would appreciate any feedback you guys can offer. This is getting to be quite frustrating. Thanks so much! -- Mary

I can understand that this issue can be frustrating when dealing with company IT technicians however I am very sorry to inform you that Geeks To Go does not help companies with their problems. We are here to help home users only and not to replace IT departments. Here are the terms of use please see 3.b

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 17 June 2011 - 02:22 PM.