Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get internet to work on my Asus netbook

• Please log in to reply

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Long story short I had XP and can't re install it right now and used Linux to get my files because my computer was messed up..I'm trying to get the internet to work and no luck. I've searched on the internet , but it only left me a bit confused.

Advertisements

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Finding.Replacing-

What's the model of your netbook? And what Linux distro did you install?

My guess is your wireless card's driver isn't installed. Wireless drivers are Linux are a pain... we'll see what we can do. :)

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Haha yeah I researched and was so confused..The version is 1005ha and Ubuntu 10.

Thanks for replying! :)

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
No problem. :)

Check out this thread... the folks over at Ubuntu will probably be a little more helpful, as they know their way around the system better... good luck! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you out. :unsure:

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks and I will :)