Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get more traffic to my website

• Please log in to reply

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I know I won't get thousands+ people quick but I just want to know some ways I can get that eventually? And how I can get more people to find my Facebook FanPage to my site, I know you can make ads, but is there a way to not use that right now? I'd like at least a one hundred by the end of July. :)

Any ideas? :unsure: Special things to have on my site etc.

Thanks! :yes:

Edited by Finding.Replacing, 17 June 2011 - 12:20 PM.

Advertisements

Asherr

Asherr

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
To get traffic to a website you have to advertise a banner or text link at sites which has niche of your webiste type or run a good SEO strategy with all White Hat SEO methods for good traffic online.

cines

cines

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I see that you already put links on your signature. Well, I agree with Asherr, traffic from Search Engine is better since it is targeted. You can also encourage your visitors to share your website on their FB wall or other Web 2.0.

As for your FB fan page, look for similar-theme pages, join those pages and start promoting your page there (in a good way please). You can do this by answering people's questions or open a new discussion topic on those pages. Be helpful and polite, I am sure people will appreciate that and join your page.

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for the advice :)

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Oh does anyone know about linkbacks? I heard they help your site to.

cines

cines

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, basically more backlinks / linkbacks is better, but personally I would be a little picky about backlinks. There are endless debates about this, but IMO, quality is better than quantity. For example there are blogs who left their commenting fields open and has been spammed to death by auto-backlinks-poster-software. While this is helps (I guess..) but I would prefer a backlink from 1 high page rank site then from 100 blogs like this. Google and learn about no-follow / do-follow, outbound back link (OBL) and find sites / forums of your niches.

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

harrryden

harrryden

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Go with white hat seo.Try to generate the backlinks for your site.It will increase the traffic.Try adopting smo techniques like
using facebook,stumble upon,twitter for your business.It will surely help you.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Some tips to get more traffic:
1. The best way is to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
2. Post about your website in forums and blogs, let your friends and others know.
3. Put something helpful and amazing in your site so that everyone likes it, specially the outlook.

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks guys :)

itsyllabus

itsyllabus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
As a startup website you can start promoting your website on social networks but you need to improve your content and links as well it will bring more and targeted traffic to your website.

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Trying everything this week.

Barbarar

Barbarar

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
To get more traffic go through the Social networking sites.

adamsmith352

adamsmith352

• Pip
  • 5 posts
SMO Is best method to boost traffic on site. Join the social networking sites and and share the daily info. Use the daily new & effective technique of SMO is best method to boost traffic on site.