Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geek U is a good school but...

• Please log in to reply

yongsua

yongsua

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
For me,Geek U is really a good school and their tutorials,tips etc are well-prepared.Their teachers are very experienced.Unfortunately,one of their teacher is great too but he is not generous and kind to me.He didn't teach me well.Besides,he didn't answer my questions in the Practice Log.Today,I received this from him.

Hello yongsua,

I apologize for the delay, but I have been considering which direction to go with you. At this point in time, I feel that it is in all of our best interests to remove you from GeekU. While I applaud your efforts to learn in a different language, I am afraid that you will not have much success in your training until you become more proficient in English.

I have reached this conclusion due to your obvious struggle with a couple of the scenarios within this PL. Aside from the fact that you incorrectly attempt to solve the OP's problems (even though the instructions say that you are not to do that), you're inability to recognize the TOU violations leads me to believe that you will struggle even more in the more difficult practice logs.

It is never an easy decision for me to request removal from GeekU, but until you are more fluent in English, I feel this is the right decision. Keep learning, keep practicing, then perhaps you can re-apply down the road.

I know my Englsih is not good enough.I know I am not good enough to response each scenario.I know I am noob enough but you can teach me as well.A teacher must be patient to educate his own students as well.I give an example here.If one fine day,a student participating my courses and I have to remove him because he is not fluent enough in languages,slow learning progress,not as smart as other students etc.How would the student feel?Hmm?For me,this is just about DISCRIMINATION.

I know this thread is very offensive.The moderators can remove my thread as well but anyway I will still satisfied for spending time to type this thread because at least one of the moderator can look at my feedback.Thanks.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's simply not discrimination. This is an an English speaking site, and we teach malware removal (for free), using the English language. We will teach you how to remove malware, we won't teach you English.

As your teacher stated, you would have struggled more as the scenarios became more difficult. History has shown us that people who struggle with English are not successful. The decision to remove you from the program now will save valuable time for both of us.