Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Help Pleasee!

• Please log in to reply

AwesomeAnnie

AwesomeAnnie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys um I've never had had a blue screen of death before and so my boyfriend pointed me to this site to ask you guys for help.
Hopefully you guys can help!
Well umm I've did a little research of my own and I saw that you guys have helped people in the past and the information you requested from them before helping.
Sooo okays, I have attach my the text document that I got from "blue screen view".
What elsee,, um I just upgraded this computer to a quad core and it was running fine for a good 3 weeks. Than this started to happen :[
Well okays, hopefully you guys can help this poor girl out! thank you thank you! :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   1.76KB   89 downloads

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hey Annie, welcome to Geeks to Go! Posted Image

tcpip.sys faults are usually caused by a faulty network card. Since you upgraded to a quad-core, I'm guessing you have a desktop. I also guess that you are using the integrated network plug and not a wireless card or add-in card. I'm also guessing the board is Intel-based.
To update your Intel NIC drivers, head to the Intel support page, click on Check your system for the latest updates, install any ActiveX controls or Java whatever, and you should eventually get to a list of Intel components with updatable drivers listed. Click the (+) sign next to Wired Networking, then the Download Now button, and walk through the steps to update your NIC driver. Reboot your computer.
And you should be good to go!

Note: I had to guess a lot, so if I guessed wrong and the above steps don't work, please include your system specifications in your next post, the make/model of the computer and any upgrades/changes you have made. Thanks!