Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with linking frames - URGENT!

• Please log in to reply

tinano80

tinano80

• Pip
  • 1 posts
email removed

hi!

i'm totally new here so I hope you take it easy on me if i make any faults. ;)
here's the thing...

i'm making a web site and have used frames to designe it. there are 4 frames in total: left, right, upper_center and rest_center. the first 3 are static and will not change at all. the last one, also the largest one, will change. the thing that i want to do is divide this frame in two parts. the first part, smaller one located on the left side of the frame, will contain a lot of links. the other part will contain information that these links show to. so you can preatty much just clik on the links in the left part and the information will change in the right part. so far so good, because i know that i can make this by deviding the frame in two new frames. so that's ok. but the problem comes when i want to make a sitemap. it has to be possible to clik on one link on the sitemap and then the information that this link shows to will open in the left part, but also the list of links with the correct link emphasised in the right part will show!! get it?!

is this possible to achive with some sort of javascript or something? or do i need to change my design?

i'm not sure that i explained what i need to do quite clearly, but i did my best. ;) if there's any misunderstanding just let me know and i'll try to explain.... just want to say that this is a bit urgent and that i've tried a lot of different things but they just don't seem to work. and i explored the net to find the solution, but nothing. :tazz:

hope somebody can help me.

thanx

Advertisements

carelwen

carelwen

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
i want to help you ,but i can't explain the problem in english.

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Have seen something similar done, but it's not something I know how to do off the top of my head. Have you tried javascript.com ?

On second thought the dynamic drive DHTML site has a script that sounds like it might be just the ticket. It is the "Open links in new window" script.

Edited by Redwontdo, 31 May 2005 - 06:18 PM.