Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

HP mini 110-3100 wont boot/ system restore failed

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there, I would love some help as I've been trying for hours to get my netbook up and running again @[email protected]

It's an HP mini 110-3100 with windows 7 starter, and it was fine yesterday.
However when I was on it yesterday a pop up kept popping up saying "Allow ___ to makes changes?" onto the hard drive. I kept pressing no but it wouldn't go away, so out of frustration I pressed yes, it went away and things seemed fine. (very stupid of me I know T-T)

I turned it on this morning and after the HP logo all I see is a black screen with a blinking white bar in the top left corner.
I tried taking the battery out, waiting and all that, no luck.
I tried pressing f11 system restore, but it won't work and goes straight to the blinking bar again. ><

The only thing I can get into is f10 BIOS.

Is my computer infected? How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help/suggestions~