Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Applications and Files

• Please log in to reply

darkstorm

darkstorm

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Dell Dimension/Desktop
Windows Vista
Firefox
32bit OS

Over the past few says I have been trying to install some tools to help my smart-phone and Pc communicate..
I downloaded some programs onto my computer and it turned out that the programs did not work so I started deleting the installed programs/apps and files..only to find out today that their are still a lot of apps and files left over and I checked the properties and they are from Samsung which is the program(s) I want deleted..My dilemma is I'm unsure of some programs to delete that don't say Samsung ,But I think are connected to the main Zip-file..I want to do this safely without deleting crucial app/files..

Thank you for in advance for any help provided

Advertisements

anuvab1911

anuvab1911

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
...so I started deleting the installed programs/apps and files...

If you are trying to remove programs/applications you should not delete the installation files,you should remove them by using the "Add/Remove Programs options" in the Control Panel.If after uninstallation some programs are left over,then try deleting the files/folders that remained manually.

Else try this Revo Uninstaller

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello darkstorm:

This maybe too late, but... before installing any new application read/search all kind of known issues - a stitch in-time saves nine

darkstorm

darkstorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

...so I started deleting the installed programs/apps and files...

If you are trying to remove programs/applications you should not delete the installation files,you should remove them by using the "Add/Remove Programs options" in the Control Panel.If after uninstallation some programs are left over,then try deleting the files/folders that remained manually.

Else try this Revo Uninstaller

*******************************************************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************************************
Thank you for taking the time out to help and for the information and the tools.

This is starting to have a snowball effect..I just came from the appdata section and found some files/programs that have been deleted and/or are no longer in use and I would like to free up as much space as possible by removing any unnecessary files/apps/programs..I know the safest way to start this process is going to my (ADD/DELETE) and starting there...But my question is.....what is the safest way to identify and safely remove files/programs/apps/ that have left remnants behind without removing files/apps/programs.. that are needed to keep the system and other properties stable...I understand that I can start deleting files that are obvious to me, but I'm trying to remove the files/programs and all its extensions together without removing crucial files. Some of the files I recognize and others I have no clue as to what they are...Once again thank you for your time..it is greatly appreciated.

anuvab1911

anuvab1911

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Try this.This is sure to help

AppCleaner

A review here