Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canon IC 3200 (3240) Scanner does not work - need a TOOL BOX?

• Please log in to reply

lhp

lhp

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I am the lady who had the Canon 3200 (who had to use 3240 ) multi function that finally got the printer, fax and copy to work....woo hoo....

but my scanner still does not work, so I contacted Canon and this is what they emailed me:

Printing and scanning in Windows 64 bit is possible with your unit. The
driver on our site is both the printer and scanner driver. What we
don't have is a Toolbox or any other software to interface with the
scanner driver. In order to scan from the unit you would need to use
some type of third party application/program that is 64-bit compliant.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of
any further assistance with your imageCLASS MF3240.

I am "assuming" that Toolbox is software. Which one would you recommend to work with a Canon Imagine Classic 3240 AND a Toshiba L655-S5157 Satellite Laptop.

THANKS

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Yes, basically they are saying you need software which is a user-interface for selecting the scan-area,the resolution, previewing the scan, then actually performing the scan. Software which they don't have in your case.

Vuescan may be want you are looking for, provided your scanner connects to the computer via USB: http://hamrick.com/
You can even "try before you buy" to ensure it does what you want.

I've installed it on my Windows 7 because Epson does not have a suitable driver for my 4-year old scanner.
Vuescan saved the day. I didn't have to face the prospect of buying a new scanner.