Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opening up Blackberry in " My Computer"

• Please log in to reply

baggieboy

baggieboy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi folks,

Hope someone can help. I've got a Blackberry 8520 mobile which I charge through my laptop using a usb cable. I also use this method to open files and download videos and photos from phone to pc. The problem is that lately I've noticed that when I connect the usb up to the laptop the box that used to appear asking how I want to open files doesn't appear anymore, so now I can't download my photos or vids to pc. I've tried clicking on My Computer when the Blackberry is connected but it doesn't appear there either just the usual c, dvd and recovery drives.I hope someone can help maybe I've unticked something by mistake but can't find out what. Anyway any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi baggieboy
The only suggestion I can make is to do a full uninstall of the present phone software that is on your HDD now and then do a fresh install.
Uninstall procedure @ http://btsc.webapps....ernalId=KB02206 and just in case you do not still have the software disc for the fresh install https://swdownloads....B93E4F3BB068C22
Does other hardware work ok in the USB port/s?

baggieboy

baggieboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Cheers phillpower2, I'll try that and also other hardware does open up so hopefully this will work. I think I do have the disc somewhere but if not I'll try those links .So thanks again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome and good luck.