Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is a distributed mail merge possible?

• Please log in to reply

imogul

imogul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here's what I'm trying to do. I was given 50 excel spreadsheets and 50 word docs, and a WORD template. The 50 word docs are a form that was filled out by a client. I needed to cut and paste numbers from cells 9B and 9E from each spreadsheet and the employee name from the word doc into the WORD template. I did it the slow dumb way and it took me all day. The obvious answer is a mail merge but I've only done that with a single source that had all the info I needed in a list. Is it possible to merge info from multiple non list sources? I would call such a move a "distributed" mail merge.

Any direction would be helpful. Thank you.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

The 50 word docs are a form that was filled out by a client. I needed to cut and paste numbers from cells 9B and 9E from each spreadsheet and the employee name from the word doc into the WORD template.

Hello

Here at Geeks To Go are here to help home users only and not here to replace IT departments as per above. Quote from terms of use

3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers
b. We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Terms of Use

Thanks