Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

blue screen random shutdown on Xp (tcpip.sys problem)...help!

• Please log in to reply

mado90

mado90

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all
my pc was working fine a few days ago it's started restart alone and today i got that blue screen saying tcpip.sys problem :)
i don't know what to do can u plz help me here :unsure:

alex

Advertisement

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

First off try this. Open notepad (Start - All Programs - Accessories - Notepad) and type the following

@echo off

ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh firewall reset
shutdown -r -t 0

This file will automatically restart your computer. If this fails goto the next step below. Also please note insert your original Windows XP CD before proceeding. This must be Service Pack 2 or above.

• Click Start - Run - Type: cmd - Press Enter
  • Type expand D:\i386\tcpip.sy_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys (please note a space is needed after tcpip.sys_ and C:\)
  • Type ‘Exit’ to close the Command Prompt.
  • Reboot your computer and start normally

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 26 June 2011 - 08:20 AM.