Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

page cannot be displayed error

• Please log in to reply

3504can

3504can

• Pip
  • 6 posts
can anyone help me? this is driving me crazy. okay, i have a website that i cannot get to on my computer; i used to be able to getto it all the time, and i even did last week (b4 reinstalling windows xp), but now i cannot. it is not a secure website.

Every website i type in works, except this one. also, i can go to any of my friends computer, or my work computer, and the website will work, so i know it is not a problem with the site, it is my computer. i have tried the tools, internet options, security info the computer says to do, but nothing will work.

a little bit of history about my computer:
i got the aboutblank hijacker on my computer
i tried removing it, had to pay to have it removed, then i reinstalled windows xp
this is when the site stopped working
i am now having searchurl hook is missing come up on hjt...could this be the problem?

i removed spybot, adaware, from my computer, still nothing. any ideas? i would appreciate your help.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Greetings 3504can. Welcome to Geeks to Go. Spybot and Ad-Aware are not the cause of your problem. Here at GTG we routinely recommend these. I use them, and run them often. Regarding your one web site, are you using IE? Have you tried another browser, like Firefox?

You said you re-installed windows. Was this a format and clean install? If it was and it was done following the malware removal you paid to have done, I would not suspect it is due to the previous infection. It could be that you have a completely new malware problem. To make sure your system is clean and to get some good protection against future infections, try working your way through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html