Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen resolution problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
We're running NT 4 Terminal Server and have a weird problem come up on one of the workstations.

Terminal Server is set to run at 800x600 by default (the pc's using TS have some old monitors) and our workstations that use TS are set to run at 800x600 so that the TS session runs ful screen. On one Win 95 workstation the TS session only runs at 640x480 and we are unable to change it. I've checked the native resolution for the workstation and it is set correctly to 800x600. This is effecting all users that log into that workstation even though they have roaming profiles which are set to 800x600 and work correctly on other TS workstations!!! I've tested with my profile and the admin one and it is still the same for this one workstation

Any ideas what to try?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you got the right drivers for your moniter?

Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Yep, drivers are all correct and the workstation has been running fine for months like this. As far as I can tell there's been no changes. However something clearly has as it don't work no more <_<