Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random Blue Screen of Death involving many files

• Please log in to reply

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
It seems your slot A1 (yellow) might be faulty and to be sure you should try another stick of ram in it and do the MEMTEST to see if errors are found if yes do as you did and try it in another slot and if no errors then it is your slot that is the cause of your problem.

Here attach is the configuration of your motherboard for your ram and as you can see unless you want to use only one stick of ram there is no way for you to work around your slot A1 if you want to use more than one ram.

Asus P5Q memory.JPG

By using one ram only you cannot use your memory in Dual Channel which will make it work at a slower speed and you will have less memory so your computer will work slower overall.

As Rshaffer is pointing out it would be better to replace your motherboard since a faulty motherboard is never a good thing to use even if it seems to be working properly with not using your faulty slot. It might cause other problem to other parts in the long run.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
As always Alzeimer a great post with precise instructions and explanations. :)
I'm sure the memory slot is gone and with the ASUS P5Q SE2 it seems to be a older mobo.

reny410

reny410

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi guys, I'am still on duty outside my town :yes:
can't do a test on A1 slot with my second RAM yet :unsure:
well, I bought my motherboard for like 1,5 years ago.
I wonder if I buy a new one, it'll be compatible with my current hardware :)

just curious, based on the instructions on the attachments, does it mean that I can't install 2 RAM on my black pair? (A2 and B2)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The only thing you will have to make sure is that your hard drive and cdrom drive will have the right connection for the motherboard. That being either SATA or IDE.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Unless you want to upgrade your processor you should take in account your current processor (LGA775) when you buy a new motherboard.

reny410

reny410

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi guys, I'am back and done memtest again, this time with another RAM module

the results were the same, it gaves error on first slot, but passed all the way on second slot

tried using 1 module, game runs without problem or BSOD at all, gotta buy a new mobo :yes:

you guys are best :)

thank you guys and geekstogo ^_^

gotta tell about this forum at my friend :unsure:

Edited by reny410, 09 July 2011 - 09:56 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for letting us know the final results and if you need further assistance with this issue like replacement mobo just post back and we can help.
As for the original issue Congratulations. :unsure: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :yes:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible