Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

voip

• Please log in to reply

mrpakipot

mrpakipot

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi to all geeks out there. i just wondering whenever i use yahoo messenger to call there is always a lag..i cannot hear some of the words they are saying. my question is that it has something to do with yahoo messenger or my isp or their isp??? thank you for helping

Advertisements

hugoboss00007

hugoboss00007

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Do you just call using your mic or webcam (video call) also? How much bandwith are you putting out?

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Go here: http://pingtest.net/

When the test is finished select copy forum link and paste the result into a reply.

Thanks.

mrpakipot

mrpakipot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi hendaz this is the info i gather: line quality is A, MOS:4.39, ping: 22ms, packet loss 0, jitter: 1ms

Edited by mrpakipot, 29 June 2011 - 02:12 AM.

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Well looking at those results suggest you have an excellent internet line, so you should have no problems at your end provided you have sufficient bandwidth. You can check your bandwidth at http://www.speedtest.net/ if you wish. If your bandwidth is sufficient then it would suggest the other person has a poor internet line so your conversation is suffering from jitter.

Any questions - feel free to ask.

Edited by hendaz, 29 June 2011 - 05:38 AM.

mrpakipot

mrpakipot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi hendaz is it also possible that yahoo messenger is the problem and not our connection??? she said her connection is fast as well. thanks

hugoboss00007

hugoboss00007

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
It could be yahoo messenger or how you installed it maybe it missed something or a file is corrupt. I would reinstall or atleast update and also check my hardware (mic, headset etc.) and make sure its updated.

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Yahoo messenger shouldn't be causing any issues but you could use Skype (www.skype.com) instead to see if that works any better. Skype is free but is designed especially for chatting.