Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Deleting Programs

• Please log in to reply

Matt_Xx

Matt_Xx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
My operating system is windows xp,I'm wanting to do a factory restore but I haven't done one before. The model of my laptop is aspire 3692WLMi. Your help will be much appreciated.

Edited by Matt_Xx, 02 July 2011 - 04:40 AM.

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs

Matt_Xx

Matt_Xx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I didn't explain my self well enough, what I want to do is wipe everything off this computer so its like when I just bought it.

Edited by Matt_Xx, 01 July 2011 - 05:52 AM.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Since you mention in the other thread that you don't have a recovery CD, you are going to have to order one from Acer or buy a copy of XP from Ebay or other places that still sell them and then download the drivers from Acer's support pages.

Matt_Xx

Matt_Xx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
With a lot of searching I managed to find my disks but how do I go about it?

Edited by Matt_Xx, 02 July 2011 - 04:38 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Before you do any of this recovery you need to back up any files you want to keep because a factory restore will it back to day 1.

Being a Acer system there should be a recovery partition on your hard drive. If there is no data you want to keep you may try the steps below.
Hard Disk Recovery should be enabled by default. If it is not, you may need to go into your system’s BIOS by hitting F2 at boot and enable it under the Advanced tab.
Once Hard Disk Recovery is enabled, restart the system and hit ALT+F10. This will begin the Aspire system recovery process. You will be prompted to type six zeros as a security step. Type 000000 to proceed.
You will then see a screen to select your Operating System
Do this and hit enter and the recovery process will begin.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
http://www.michaelst...nxpinstall.html
This was the topic i used last time I did a reinstall (with the CD).
Please follow the directions above to try and save any information you may want to keep.

Thank You -

sidneyalford

sidneyalford

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Go to My Computer > Acer and delete all the stuff in the files.
Or just press F6 when you switch your PC on, and it will give you a Re-Boot option and that will sort your Hard Drive wipe and everything else out