Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Restore to Factory Settings without CD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Matt_Xx

Matt_Xx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
My operating system is windows xp,I have never done a system restore before. The model of my laptop is aspire 3692WLMi. Your help will be much appreciated.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You want a system restore or a factory restor?
Two different restorations.
One takes the system back before a problem and the other formats and takes the system back to a factory new state.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I'm not understanding your question. Do you want to do a system restore and don't know how or you have system restore turned off?

The closest thing to restoring to factory settings is to create a new account and use that one. You can then delete the old account unless you are using Administrator.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do not duplicate your topic. It makes more work for members and staff and could potentially get you mixed advice being given. Your original topic is HERE so please edit your original post to include any new info but do not reply to your topic or someone may think you are already getting assistance. The duplication may be a glitch so I am closing this topic.Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. :)