Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no beeps, no bios, no signal to monitor, no boot

• Please log in to reply

kainz

kainz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was letting the downloaded file for Nokia P C Suite install and doing the requested restart when the system would not restart.
no beeps, no bios access, no signal to the monitor, and no boot, even a norton rescue floppy or a maxtor maxblastl drive format floppy. I've checked all the connections and the activity light on the cd flickers then the hard driveactivity light icomes on and remains. The floppy activity never lights
Any suggestions?

Advertisements

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Ok so you cant get into bios and i assume you dont see post since you say you see nothing on the monitor. But you see hard drive activity through the lites on the hard drive? Sounds like a hardware problem at this point. Somthing might be preventing post from operating correctly.

However, my first inclination is to wonder if you have a monitor problem or graphics electronics problem? Just to count these items out, do you have or can you get a spare monitor and graphics card to replace the ones you have? Then we can count them out as a cause and move on to the next item.

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
And, do you hear the power supply fan and CPU fan?

Migtymike

Migtymike

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys I have somewhat the same problem. I installed a new DVD-drive, then I started to get some really serious problems. First I got the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), then I took out the DVD-drive restarted, and got another BSOD, then I took out my CD-RW drive to see if that made a difference, but it did not, this time I didnt even get a ram count at startup, no BIOS access and no beeps to indicate failure. I started to suspect the CPU was gone till I read that others have had same problems after a firmware-upgrade. Now the mashine is completely dead on startup, I mean, the fans are running, drives gets power,but no signal to monitor what so ever. Im usually not helpless with computers but this one I really needs :whistling: with guys

Migtymike

Migtymike

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi again guys. I think I have figured out what my problem is. The DVD-firmware update blew my BIOS and therefore "No BIOS access" and I cant update or flash the BIOS now for the same reason, so the only solution I see is to get a new motherboard. This is, as far as I have been able to figure out, due to the "VIA-chipset" on my motherboard, and the DVD-firmware upgrade I made. Apparently the VIA-chipset has a problem running with certain kinds of firmware. As far as I could see the Nvidia-chipset should be much more compliant.