Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hello, I have a windows 7 acer aspire 5532

• Please log in to reply

tazhon

tazhon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When im on the internet and trying to download files. but when i start the download it never finishes im always so close to the end of the download or either in the middle of it and then it comes to a complete stop then a internet msg pops up saying connection with the server was rest

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi tazhon,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

What type of connection do you have and who is your provider? Sounds as if you're on a wireless connection and your connection isn't very reliable.

Donna :unsure:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What type of files and what site are you trying to download from?

tazhon

tazhon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have comcast

tazhon

tazhon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
games, tools for my movie maker , and ect.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What site or sites are you getting them from?
Be specific so we can check everything. Vague or wide answers do not help us help you.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
We may also need to know if you use a router. If so, what make and model?

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey, I am having the same problem with Comcast. I figured I would just add to a related post. My problem occurs when I am trying to access web pages such as online job applications, bank information, etc. I assume it is the secure connections that I cannot connect to. The web page says "connection has been reset" and I can never load the page. I am using a router, it is a Lynksis Cynco router. I am using a wired connection, not wireless.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi puters r a pain,

Your issue does seem to be related but we're not for certain and it is always best to start a new thread for you problem then if you'd like link to a thread that may be similar please do so. We aren't even sure tazhon is using a router or not......yet.

Here's a link that I was saving for tazhon once the member returned to answer my and rshaffer61's questions. It may or may not be the answer for both of you.

How to change the MTU on a Linksys router ?

But please, in the future, start a thread and link back to the one you found to be similar to your issue.

Thank you!

Donna :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 5 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.