Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get rid of clclean.0001

• Please log in to reply

elvisarama

elvisarama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a virus that I can't get rid of the last tiny pieces. It's been three days of trying this and that and it's still there.

Here's the background best I can remember. I don't know where I got the virus, but the laptop was running slow and acting weird, so I ran a few scans, caught some stuff, but svchost.exe kept crashing. I decided to move all my important files off to an external hard drive, then using Norton Ghost 14, I went back to a previous backup where I thought everything was running fine. I immediately started getting google redirects and the windows update web page was blocked. I ran a few more scans and that is no longer a problem. I have tried Malwarebytes, AdAware, MSERT, HimanPro (trial), Kasperkey (trial) and now they find nothing. But when I run rkill.exe it keeps coming up with C:\DOCUME~1\David\LOCALS~1\Temp\clclean.0001 . When I run in safe mode, rkill.exe does not catch this, which makes me think it's another virus, or the remnants of one of the viruses I removed.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information that can help.

Attached are the results of the OTL scan AFTER running rkill.

Attached Files

Advertisements