Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nothing is being saved in my temporary internet folder...HELP!

• Please log in to reply

jezie

jezie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used to be able to go into my temporary internet folder and find websites and pictures I had looked at on the net. Now its always empty and I cant seem to figure out how to get things going back into the temporary internet folder. Any help PLEASE!?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi jezie,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

Click on Tools at the top left or top right of your IE Browser and choose Internet Options in the list. Under the General tab look for Browsing History and make sure that there is no check mark to the left of where it states Delete browsing history on exit. If there is a check mark, uncheck it then click Apply then OK at the bottom of the dialogue window.

You should be able to find the history by following these directions in the following link-->View temporary Internet files

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Let us know if that helps.

Donna :unsure:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi jezie,

Are you still having problems with your temporary internet folder? It has been 6 days since your last response and I was wondering if your issue has been resolved? If so, could you please explain how it was resolved so others may benefit from the fix? If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Donna :)