Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Windows Vista BSOD on Startup (no safe mode either)! Nee

• Please log in to reply

minshik

minshik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am trying to repair a friend's computer without having to reformat the whole hard drive. The computer is running Windows Vista 32-bit and the system is a Dell Dimension E520.

The problem is the computer gives a BSOD right when the Vista green loading bar starts to show. I tried to run the OS through safe mode (all 3), but it hangs on crcdisk.sys and gives me the BSOD again. After trying for 5 hours, I came to this forum and saw a related article. It involved using xPUD and obtaining a "enum.log" file. I have the file attached.

I know I probably need to get through to System Restore without actually having to start the corrupted OS and obtain an earlier system restore file, but I have no clue how I can do that. Is my thought process correct?

Please HELP!

Attached Files

• Attached File  enum.log   243bytes   259 downloads

Advertisements