Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hidden objects runniing , infected files in windows 32

• Please log in to reply

blink10

blink10

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
hey guys,
today i installed something after scanning it with avira premium suite and superantispyware, once it installed Avira was going nuts . Avira caught a few active malware but it couldnt stop them: many were in the registry , one i also remember drivers\cdrom was infected too It asked me to reboot and i did but now it says there are 48 hidden objects on pc. Moreover , something called Anti malware doctor tried to disguise itself as windows updates i rejected it but i found it on desktop as i installed it. I also found 2 ddlhost running in the background

I know you guys dont like people using combofix without a permission but i did due to the reasons above

When i used it , it was waylaid by Avira although i deactivated it.
Combofix managed to finish scanning till Avira stopped catchme.tmp from connecting online

From the log i realized it stopped the hidden objects scanner so i uninstalled Avira completly and used combofix for a second time

I will upload both logs now

I would be glad if you could give them a look

Attached Files

Edited by blink10, 07 July 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Advertisements

blink10

blink10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
the newly installed Avira says there are no hidden objects at all but the Tr\trash Gen that i have been having on my pc for 4 months is still here.