Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning Photo's Using Nero

• Please log in to reply

The old Submariner

The old Submariner

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Can anyone please help me on what is probably a very simple question but one I can not answer without help :unsure:

I need to transfer my sons wedding photographs (275 pictures, 2.7Gb )on to a disc and send them to my sister in Australia, so far so easy, my questions are:

1/ Should I be using a CD-R, CD+R,/ CD-RW, CD+RW,/ DVD-R, DVD+R,/ DVD-RW, DVD+RW

2/ Should I use a zip program to compress them before trying to transfer them to the appropriate disc?

3/ There are many different burning options on the Nero 8, which one should I be using?

4/ Because I would like to be able to play them back not only on a pc but on a tv as
well, does this determine which type of recording media to use?

I have been battling with this problem for a few days now and slowly losing patience with the whole idea, but I am sure that out there in PC land there must be a genius who can come to this old chaps assistance :)

Many thanks in advance
The Admiral (Graham)

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
You burn them using Nero Vision so as to play them back on a TV(or PC) through a DVD player.

You need a DVD-R or DVD+R due to the amount of data. Either one will work

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Further to the above and to explain a little more to you

A CD is 700MB or so. There are 1000Mb in a Gigabyte.

A DVD is 4.7 Gb approx. or 4700 MB

So for 2.7Gb as skifxr has told you, you will need a DVD.

Do not zip them. There is no need and this can lead to problems.

Because I would like to be able to play them back not only on a pc but on a tv as
well, does this determine which type of recording media to use?

Do you mean YOU or your sister in Australia.

Australia uses the PAL system for TV`s as against the NTSC in the USA.
Some burning programs if you create a DVD movie of the pictures allow you to select which you want.

The easiest way is probably simply to load the pictures to your burning software - on Nero it is usually add files. Send the DVD to Australia and they can then, if you know they have the knowledge, simply copy them to their computer and make there own DVD Movie, slideshow etc.

The other matter to bear in mind is if you are making it for playing on THEIR DVD player, whilst most modern DVD players will accept most formats, some will not and for instance some DVD players will not accept DVD R/W.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.
If you are really struggling with Nero, which can be confusing either post the question or use this
https://www.ashampoo...urning-Studio-6
It is free and simple to use.

OR see the online tutorial for Nero 8.
http://www.nero.com/...-tutorials.html

Edited by Macboatmaster, 07 July 2011 - 12:55 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
The old Submariner.

You started this thread on the 4 July
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

To which you received a reply.
The query on the thread here is more or less the same, you again ask about the CD - and the zip program.
Please DO NOT start new threads for the same issue.
This query, to which has been added just a small additional question could have been continued on the first thread.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 08 July 2011 - 02:14 PM.