Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound on internet after windows security virus

• Please log in to reply

IDM78

IDM78

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good evening,

I have been searching for an answer to a problem I am having after a virus appeared on my laptop 3 weeks ago. I had the windows security virus which, I think, I have managed to get rid of. I used spybot and have now uploaded Kaspersky 2011 internet security, however I am unable to hear any sound on sites such as youtube/bbc/love film but I can hear music and other audio on spotify/itunes and windows media player.

I have searched and tried the wavemapper solve (from thsi site) but the strings are already there, all my devices are fine and there are no yellow markers next to my sound in control panel. All drivers are the most up to date according to windows.

If you have any other suggestions it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Edited by IDM78, 09 July 2011 - 01:15 PM.

Advertisements