Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant burn cd' anymore

• Please log in to reply

marsdta

marsdta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i have an hp about 2 years old. and latley i cant seem to burn cd's. i begin hte burning process and many times the computer will freeze up or an error message will occur.i cant burn audio or data cd's. i close all other programs , cus iv heard that that can cause problems. i would really appreciate any help ......oh my cd-rw is a sony crx215E5. i havfe also tried using different discs but that did not help.

P.S. somtimes the computer says teh burn was succesfull but when i check the cd on my or others computer there is nothing on there

:tazz: ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the writing software gives you the option of using a slower burn speed, go with that.

Have you checked for firmware updates for the CD Writer, I could not find it on the US site so it must only be released in your region, and you are not the only one with this

http://www.silicongu...sages/202.shtml