Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

word 2007 add to cookbook

• Please log in to reply

eddie460

eddie460

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Please can someone help me? Using MS Word 2007. I have a long document (cookbook) with an existing index. I need to add a recipe to the document and have it show up in the index.
Thanks, eddie460

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello eddie460:

Updating table of contents

Word does not automatically update table of contents when the contents of the document are changed. For example, if you edit headings or if you move content, requiring page numbers to be adjusted, you’ll need to update the table of contents. You can open the Update Table of Contents dialog box, shown, using either of the methods below:

• On the References tab, in the Table of Content group, click Update Table
  • Select the table of contents, and in the upper-left corner of the frame, click Update Table
Posted Image

You can also change the format of a table of contents:

• Selecting the table of contents
  • In the upper-left corner of the table-of-contents frame, click the Table of Contents button
  • From the gallery of styles, select the desired format
Hope you will find this information helpful

eddie460

eddie460

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks, Geek in Training
eddie460

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Our pleasure eddie460. Please feel free to ask if you have any other question(s), someone will definitely respond