Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hidden files in a folder.

• Please log in to reply

Sederiku

Sederiku

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so I'm writing down my entire computer directory right now to know all the files so I can mess around a bit. But when I get to the GIMP folder they're empty, now I know there are files in there I'm just not sure how to access them... If I could get some advice possibly that would be great, I'm hoping to mess around with my computer more in the future but first I have to learn it inside and out!

E.g. GIMP/Brushes - No files at all.

Edited by SweetTech, 15 July 2011 - 06:12 PM.
moved from Geek Talk to Windows XP forum.--ST

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Gimp doesn't actually install any brushes, it just creates a folder ready to accept them so you don't put them in the wrong folder.
You have to download brushes & place them in that folder yourself.

For the same reason, other Gimp sub-folders may also be empty after installing it.

You can downlaod brushes for Gimp from third-party websites since Gimp is an open-source graphics-editor.
Therefore, anyone with sufficient knowledge can make add-ons for it.
There's a collection of Gimp brushes here: http://free-brushes.com/gimp/

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 16 July 2011 - 05:24 PM.

Sederiku

Sederiku

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, thanks, I've been trying to figure out how to view hidden folders for the past couple days. I suppose I was a tad bit wrong, thanks a lot!