Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is a good motherboard and cpu procesor

• Please log in to reply

jpellejr36

jpellejr36

• Pip
  • 3 posts
What is a good intel cpu and good intel motherboard I was contemplating on purchasing this

MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813130597

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K
http://www.newegg.co...5-070-_-Product

I have a 1200 antec case, 1200w antec power supply, geforce gtx 560 ti, 3tb western digital harddrive green cavier

my purpose and goal is to play high end games such as call of duty and modern warfare on it as well as have the computer for a longer period of time before it becomes obsolete...

Will this all be compatible? How hard is it to do the simos on the motherboard, I'm a novice at this

Advertisements

jpellejr36

jpellejr36

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
And I don't know what memory sticks I should get.
this will be running a windows 7 64bit processor
and will have an LG Combo drive with blue ray

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
If you follow the link on that Newegg page to the Manufacturer Product Page, then click on Support, you will find links to QVLs - qualified vendors lists. These are lists of compatible CPUs and RAM for that specific board. You must buy a CPU from that list to ensure compatibility. For RAM, there are too many makers and offerings for motherboard makers to test, and list them all. So you can buy off-list as long as you buy RAM with the same specs as listed RAM.

I recommend 8Gb for dual-channel motherboards.