Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

selective error 102 issue

• Please log in to reply

bsoder

bsoder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello..I'm having an issue I hope someone can help with. I'm running XP 2000 with google chrome as my browser and for some reason when I try to open my gmail I get error102 (net error_connection_refused) the server refused conn.and on the craigslist site I can open it and navigate fine, but if I click on my accounts tab I recieve the same error msg. I went to google help and tried some suggestions i.e cleared all history, cookies and cach I also made sure that it was set to clear all cookies inc. 3rd party and still the same...I have tried the gmail & other from my wifes comp. win7 and no probs. so I know it's not a site issue. I have Norton security and I'm suspecting maybe an issue there?? but it seems there you either block or allow traffic and I'm having no problem on any other websites at all. now Friday my gmail opened fine but with Clist I couldn't open the site at all ..then later I was able to open all of Clist inc. my acct. and not my gmail. so right now error 102 for gmail and same for Clist only when I try to open my acct. maybe I need a bigger hammer lol..Thanks

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
bsoder,
See if This page helps. Scroll down to comment #16 by galenpow.

bsoder

bsoder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks..I tracked down some "bugs" last night and it's all fine...for now!!lol

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Glad it's working again. Thanks for letting us know.