Hi I have read the other thread, are you still able to burn a CD ? Also what can you remember about the virus scan popup that you had
Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
Latest version: v126.96.36.199
Size: 127,222,215b / 121.3MB
- Download the attached scan.txt to a USB drive [attachment=51361:scan.txt]
- Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
- Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
- Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
- Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
- As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start.
- Double click the Custom scans and fixes box
- In the dialogue locate the scan.txt you have on the USB
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.