Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone not working after messing with recording settings

• Please log in to reply

jcpwn2004

jcpwn2004

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey guys I was recently trying to use my mic to record sound onto my computer. For some reason my computer wouldn't let me use my mic as a sound recording device. I messed with a lot of settings (I remember stopping something in my services) and now it doesn't work anymore on my desktop. It still works fine on other devices I have so I know its not the mic. I went to my recording devices section and the mic is being read by the computer. I set it as the default and everything but my computer is not picking up noise at all. Any ideas of how this may be fixed? I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers.

Advertisements

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
What other devices do you use your mic with? And what specifc MIC is it? In the settings when you're testing the MIC do you see the sound bar move as it picks up sound?