Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop says to replace battery?

• Please log in to reply

Molarmite

Molarmite

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just plugged my charger in after letting my battery run down a little bit but when I plugged it in, it now says in the bottom right that I should 'consider replacing my battery'. I downloaded BatteryCare to take a look at it and this is the results I got.

Model: ASUSTEK F82--22
Designed Capacity: 46,200 mWh
Total Capacity: 13,486
Current Capacity: 13,519
Charge/discharge rate: +7.8 W
Tension: 12,525 mV
Wear Level: 65.60%

This is all foreign to me so hopefully this is enough info to help out, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Means what it says. Your battery may now only hold 35% of its original charge. Which basically means if it had enough juice in the battery to run a laptop for 100 minutes previously, it's now only got enough juice to run it for 35 minutes. It usually means the battery is beginning to show signs of wear as a normal part of the way they charge and discharge during normal operation. Eventually it will simply stop holding any charge at all.

Molarmite

Molarmite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, I wasn't sure what it exactly meant. It's weird though, my battery was working fine last time I tried and going for two hours but I just unplugged it and after 15 minutes, it was down to 59%.