Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

buying New Alienware

• Please log in to reply

addy_010

addy_010

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I in need of a new computer as mine is far gone past the end of its life. I am thinking of buying parts for a computer and then just building it myself, the only problem is that its alot of work plus i really like the alienware pc case which i cant seem to find a place to buy it seperately. What i have looked at is an Alienware 7700SLI (i think its called), which comes with alot of power, which is what i want as the computer is for gaming mainly, however the computer will cost like £2500-£3000 and i dont have this money as im only 17.

What i want to know is, is it worth waiting until the newer graphics come out this summer, (dont know if they are, i've heard it said in another forum from an unreliable source) so that the computer i want will have decreased slightly in price, or i spend the same amount of money and get the latter stuff, i would obviously just have to wait a few months.

I keep thinking that i could buy the computer now and start saving so that in 1 year, after the year finance thingy has ended i could pay for it all, its just that £3000 it like all my money that i will get and i spend that already as it is, and also i have no games that i want to get for it just yet, such as ES:Oblivion, i want it to play that game.

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
it is cheaper to buy the parts and build it yourself. if you want the alienware you can always just upgrade the graphics later with out having to buy a whole new computer. that is alot to spend on a computer when you could probably build one with the same parts for about $1000 and if you build it yourself you can overclock and probably get to run better for half of the price. I think alienwares are way overpriced try dells gaming it is about $2200 and just as good as an alienware but better support for it.

addy_010

addy_010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
so what your saying is i should build it myself.

Is it possible to buy a Alienware case, and also can someone please suggest what i should get and from where (online that is, and deliverable to the UK). I kinda have an idea of what is good, its just i have heard that you can a less good graphic card etc and overclock it to be the better one. thanks in advance.

- addy -