Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell XPS 410 Wont start ( BIOS DOES NOT SHOW)

• Please log in to reply

hatakesakumo

hatakesakumo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) Hi to everyone, well here the problem with my PC. I bought a Dell Xps 410 (used one) and it didn't work xD Lol. I try'd everything already, i changed the CPU to another PC and the Cpu worked with out any problem. I try'd the HDD and worked without any problem. Video card same thing. Ram same thing. So im assuming that my mobo is dead, but how can i confirm this? Is there any troubleshooting that i can fallow ? oh by the way Bios does not show up at all. and one other thing on the front panel of the desktop these number appear 1-3-4 i went to the dell manual and couldn't find nothing on it. Hope some one can help me out.. thank you,God bless.

Advertisements

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
XPS/Dimension 410/9200

Manual

http://support.dell....=gen&~ck=anavml

drivers

http://support.dell....n&catid=&impid=

disconnect every thing except the video and reset the bios

arf

arf

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well since you tested all the other parts, the only thing left is a faulty power supply or motherboard. If you still get a display on your monitor and/or you can hear the computer fans running after you power it on, then it most likely isn't the power supply.

Things you can try but no guarantee if the motherboard is shot:
1. Reset the BIOS by removing and putting back in the CMOS battery or read in the dell manual how to reset BIOS settings with the jumper settings on your mobo.
2. If you have more than one stick of RAM try just using ONE and power it on.