Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wired Internet Disconnects Whenever House Phone Called

• Please log in to reply

RStaff27

RStaff27

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there, this is my first post and i have come here on reccomendation, I am being severly annoyed with my wired internet to my desktop computer, i seem to be disconnecting whenever my house phone is called! (i have broadband, god knows what kind, im a computer novice), i have checked the ADSL filters are connected to all the sockets in the house (and bought a whole replacement set after being told to by talk talk....) and i am STILL having this problem. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Techhy stuff;

Running windows vista, using a NETGEAR DNG2200 router which is connected to an acer aspire m5201 =)

Thank you all in advance!!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The issue is almost always caused by filters or lack of a filter on a telephone somewhere.

You have unpluged the house phone from the wall and called yourself without it connected? It'll still ring on the exchange. If the issue clears itself up with your telephone disconnected, that is the issue.