Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP start up

• Please log in to reply

matofthemint

matofthemint

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hope this is the correct forum.

Windows XP Pro. SP 3
Dell Inspiron E1505

Each time I start my machine every thing loads and it looks OK, but nothing works except I can open Briefcase and Recycle Bin, nothing else, and I can't get online althought it says I have a good connexion. So, I have to go to a restore point which I have learned to set before I shut down.

I am attaching errors from Event Viewer.

There is one more which will not attach - it is from Help and Support Center it says
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start of system-starr driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User Action
Do all of the following:
1. Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
2. Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.

Which Driver? And how do I 'Verify'/

Attached Thumbnails

• driver fault - 2.jpg
  • driver fault - 3.jpg
  • driver fault - 4.jpg
  • driver fault - 1.jpg

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I notice you are currently receiving help on another site.
I do not of course suggest that there is anything whatsoever wrong in posting on more than one site.
However, I see that you are currently conducting further tests following the advice on the other site and there is little point in starting afresh here, until you have completed all on the other site and you are then successful and do not require further help, in which case please post to that effect on this thread.

OR alternatively you do not make any progress on the other site and you can then post again on here to request help on this thread.
The only comment I would make is that it was perhaps not a good idea to go back to the very first restore point, as of course you do not now HAVE any restore points except those created with the apparent errors.

IF you do continue on here after a lack of success on the other site Please include in your next post ALL that has been tried to date. Ths will save you and whoever assists you a lot of time.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 30 July 2011 - 02:28 PM.

matofthemint

matofthemint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
The problem seems to be solved by creating a new Administrator Account. Four days with no problem. I just hope it lasts.