Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unknown program to me pops up and closes

• Please log in to reply

hullmees

hullmees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i think i found it. it started when i had internet problems and its a m-internet software problem. i guess this is it.

"A device or program has requested attention. Device or application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Elisa M-internet\UpdateDog\RunLiveUpd.exe. Message title: C:\Program Files (x86)\Elisa M-internet\UpdateDog\RunLiveUpd.exe."

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Interactive Services detection" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1000</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-02T01:03:58.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>9300</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>hullmees-HP</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Elisa M-internet\UpdateDog\RunLiveUpd.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Elisa M-internet\UpdateDog\RunLiveUpd.exe</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Source:Interactive Services detection

Could this be it?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Possibly, is this something you installed yourself?
I found this on the software:

M Internet Optimizer is a free and useful internet connection optimizer utility that comes with many features

Another miracle program that to me is useless.
If you installed it then I suggest uninstalling it. Try going through Add\Remove programs in the Control Panel to see if it is listed there. If so uninstall it and let me know if the issue goes away then.

hullmees

hullmees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
it is listid there, and yes i installed from my usb internet stick it it is needed get the connection. i sent the exe file to recycle bin cause i didnt want to uninstall it. the problem is just the update file and it seems now the problem is solved.
if it comes back ill let you know.

many thanks for your help, i couldnt have done it myself.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good news and I will watch for your updates in 24 hours. Great detective work on your part I must say for sure. :)

hullmees

hullmees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
well i think i was lucky to find it and you are still the one who did the brainwork. but thanks anyways :)

if there arent any problems i wont post to this topic again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm glad I could help and Congratulations. :unsure: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :yes:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Akabishop

Akabishop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
a quick update:
I found similar problem at my computer, and i found out that this updateDog wasnt associated with the program you said, it was in C:\Program Files (x86)\PO\UpdateDog\ directory.
short investigation with the info you provided, I started looking for a program connected somehow with the developer/topic of the program you found.

PO stands for PlayOnline and its a necessary tool for use with 3G modem provided by telecommunications company called Play