Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Found New Hardware

• Please log in to reply

jpb2764

jpb2764

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
The audio system on my PC works just fine; BUT every time I start the PC the "Found new hardware" wizard tries to install an "unknown audio device". Eventually it asks for a disk, which I obviously don't have!

There is a Yellow tag in SYSTEM- what should I do?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
More information would be helpful.

What OS you have
What is your system model (Dell?, HP?, ACER? ect) or motherbaord model (ASUS?' GIGABYTE? ect)
What is you sound card model (Integrated or adon pci card)
A print screen of your device manager where you see the yellow question mark would also help.

Lots of time this can be fix by installing the drivers for Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver you may try this and see if it helps if not then provide us with the information and we will try to help more.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,794 posts
Just to add to the info that Alzeimer has requested can I ask if you have an add on video card with HDMI capabilities as this can sometimes cause this issue.