Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Startup Problem Please Help

• Please log in to reply

emilm

emilm

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi can someone help me please. When i switch on my computer it makes a really loud sound (it did that ever since i got it so im assuming its supposed to) then it starts everything up until it gets to the Windows icon screen that has the blue bar going accross it once the loud starts to go down more and more the blue bar that goes accross freezes. Then i have to turn off the computer manually and then it says pick windows startup start in safe mode start normal start with things that worked properly and i just pick the start normally or start with last settings that worked and normally it works and the blue bar doesnt freeze. Can someone help me please im scared i will break my computer by turning it on and off like that. If you want to know my specs here it is:

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHZ
3.00GHZ, 1GB RAM
Nvidia geforce 6800 GT
Then i have a hardrive called BOOT (C: ) with 73.3GB and one called BACKUP ( D: ) with 71.8GB and one called RECOVER ( E: ) with 3.82GB.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
The next time this happens, note the time then reboot, then

start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs...list them here.

emilm

emilm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there were many red crosses and its alot of Dhcp, DCOM, Service Control Manager, then at the bottom there were 3 System Error and theres just a long list of those.

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
You should post the exact error messages (for DHCP, DCOM and Service Control Manager) here.
Hanging services will cause the bar to freeze for a while, esp. networking services like DHCP.

If you post the error messages, we may be able to find out which service is causing your machine to hang.

emilm

emilm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dhcp: Fail, 1002 Category: none
DCOM: Fail, 10005 Category: none
Service Control Manager: Fail, 7001
System Error: Fail, 1003 Category:(102)

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hehe, sorry to be a pest, but if you double-click those errors, it will bring up a window that has more information. For example:

Event ID: 7001
Type: Error
Source: Service Control Manager
Category: None
Description: The ServiceName1 Service depends on the ServiceName2 service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The description is important.

Mikael

Mikael

• Pip
  • 1 posts
IM having the same issues. It freezes in that screen the errors i have are similar to the ones mentioned earlier.

Under application there is Source: Vss
Event ID 8193

Description. Volume Shadow copy Service error: Unexpected error calling rutine CoCreateInstance hr+0x80040206

This one is under system Source: Service Control manager
Event Id :7026

Descrition: The following boot start or system start driver failed to load:
Fips IPSec Klif Klmc MRxSmb NetBios NetBt P3 Rascd Rdbss Tcpip

Another on system Source:Dcom
Event ID 10005
Description: Dcom got error "this service cannot be started in safe mode" Attempting to start the servoice Event Syatem with arguments""in order to run the server {1be1f766-5536-11d11-b726-00c0afb926af}

Another Source: Service control Manager
Event id: 7001

The Dhcp Client Service depeds on the net bios over Tcpip serv ice -which faoled to start because of the following erorr

Please help

Sinnan

Sinnan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Somehow same problem with my Windows XP and Its just started few weeks back.

Just after the Blue Welcome screen. the Start up bar got freeze. the Quick Launch and the Task Icons are beside the Time does not display any icons. Instead they display Blue rectangles. After that I have only option to keep PC power button pressed until it shutdown forcefuly.

On restart it again happens unless I select F8 key for booting in safe mode! after getting it restart from safe mode it boots fine still having 25% chances for the startup bar to get freezed.

Event viewer show DHCP warning

Details are as following

-----------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1007
Date: 1/29/2007
Time: 5:37:11 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ALVIS
Description:
Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 000E50EBDA2F. The IP address being used is 169.254.253.219.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 ....