Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad hoc prob

• Please log in to reply

nuhn123

nuhn123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
A friend showed me this neat way to share my connection to my net book from my desktop, which obviously has a interneal wireless NIC in it. So the first time I set up the ad hoc it works fine then when I restart it wont work I tryed everything, deleting the urrent one and making a new one, even deleting something from this interface file which I read doing from another forum. The only thing that works is totally re installing the operating system and the devil nows Im not going to do that every time. please answer my question I have some candy.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
There is a good tutorial here, maybe it will help? Create Wireless Ad Hoc Network in Windows7 to Share Internet

Forgot to mention, buying an inexpensive wireless router would be an easier and surer way to give you the internet access you want.

nuhn123

nuhn123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
On the browser of the computer I connect it tells me the DNS lookup failed.