Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop computer boots into a black screen?

• Please log in to reply

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
This morning I turned on my desktop, everything was fun until the computer suddenly restarted itself and then it stayed on a black screen. I manually restarted it by myself and now i cant even hear the 1 beep my computer always make. After being restarted, it still showed a black screen.

The monitor says that it is entering power saver mode. I reseated the graphics card and that didn't help. I plugged the monitor vga cable to the integrated graphics vga and that didn't help either. So, while the computer was running, I kept clicking the eject button for the dvd/cd drive and it wouldnt open. I then thought it must be the power supply. I had a spare power supply so i took out my old one and installed the spare. It was finally working and booting into my windows screen. Then, it restarted again and the same thing happened! BLACK SCREEN. Idk what the problem is. Please help!

EDIT: I waited for about 30 mins. I booted my computer up and i heard the 1 beep sound it made and the disc drive also worked. BUT it still is on a black screen... :/

Advertisements

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
UPDATE: I turned off my computer and tried to boot it back up and it didn't work... I then reseated the memory again and booted it back up and it worked. IS my memory faulty or what?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Test your Ram by using one or both of the methods below;
XP memory test http://oca.microsoft.../en/windiag.asp
Memtest86+ http://www.geekstogo...sing-memtest86/