Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[question] Remote Mobile Hack

• Please log in to reply

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
a question pop in my head regarding a mobile phone hack

Let's say a Mobile Phone Number example :08087897893
is like an IP address

i saw a video on YouTube saying a computer IP address is like a Phone number :S or something like that

anyway i learned that Experienced hacker can hack computer extremely remote by Probing the Firewall or port knocking or something something etc....

so the question is pretty obvious can my mobile get hacked extremely remote ????

if so :) i'm forced to get back to this
Posted Image

Thanks in front :unsure:

Advertisements

Road Runner

Road Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Oh man.......I remember those phones.....think I have got one stuffed away somewhere still.

todo

todo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
:) Old Timers Phones xD

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Nice classic phones them :)

Paul Sadlik

Paul Sadlik

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
First of all it depends what kind of mobile phone you have in your pocket. Ordinary mobile phones from Nokia and Motrolla are used by masses and you know there is no thrill in hacking an ordinary mobile. However, smart phones don't use windows. This is why, there are very rare chances of these systems being hacked. We all know unlike Microsoft, everyone tries to make an OS that is smart, occupies very little system resources and never falls a victim to any virus.

Ruvane

Ruvane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Smart phones and mobile devices fit our modern day pace like a glove. Having access to the Internet at all times and all places seems almost necessary in this ever more technical world. Many have eschewed PCs and laptops altogether and use cellular devices as their only means of accessing the Internet. But some say that we should be careful with the less-secure devices. Hackers are on their best techniques in doing cyber crimes. So that user's safe browsing is an effective way to prevent them.

todo

todo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
thanks for the info

still the question are they able to Hack Phone Just by knowing the Number not thru the net ?

also i heard about hack in some news paper where a women got her Mobile Phone Hacked How did they manged to Pull it is a problem on her end ?

Edited by todo, 12 January 2012 - 05:53 AM.

DDoSAttack

DDoSAttack

• Pip
  • 2 posts

can my mobile get hacked extremely remote ????

No and a 'hacker' cannot take control or do anything to your computer simply by having your IP address either.

todo

todo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

No and a 'hacker' cannot take control or do anything to your computer simply by having your IP address either.

depend on your security setup and firewall

also want to add

i found a Hacking way in Mobile phone that make you steal/edit Phone Book Remotely

it's Called Bluesnarfing i think so for that everything is possible

DDoSAttack

DDoSAttack

• Pip
  • 2 posts

depend on your security setup and firewall

I cannot speak for Windows Mobile(even though I am pretty sure they have implemented something similar) but Android and iPhone both use a nix based OS. Android, and iPhone IIRC, sandbox the apps so that they ONLY run in their own little world. They cannot directly interact (sort of) or affect any other application (sort of) on your device. I throw the 'sort of' in there because the only way that anything malware/spyware-esq that could potentially run is if YOU, the user installing and running that application, gave it EXPLICIT permission to run. A malicious application (as of now) cannot hide its intentions. The other 'sort of' has to do with how the apps and query and retrieve data from each other. Here again though, it can only do what you and the data owning app will allow it to do.

i found a Hacking way in Mobile phone that make you steal/edit Phone Book Remotely

it's Called Bluesnarfing i think so for that everything is possible

Most exploits like this involve both sides having intimate interaction. This one seems no different...

From Bluesnarfing

Currently available programs must allow connection and to be 'paired' to another phone to copy content.

as well as...

This weakness has since been patched by the Bluetooth standard. There seem to be no available reports of phones being Bluesnarfed without pairing, since the patching of the Bluetooth standard.

AmandaSue82

AmandaSue82

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Although used by masses and otherwise boring to big time hackers, what if say ur bf or gf wanted to see what u were up to....Could they technically "hack" into ur not-so-smart phone?
:o

todo

todo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
i think they can like everything mobile have vulnerability and if some one is caring enough will try
to get in either by exploiting or social engineering

so the best way is to stay offline

AmandaSue82

AmandaSue82

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I shouldn't have to stay offline, people just need to mind their own fricking biz and stop using the technology most of us don't know about as a tool to ""quote unquote" spy on their significant others.
If u are that insecure, break up.

googlegirl

googlegirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i once had this phone :) sweet memories