Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound trouble

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep you can uninstall them and if needed I have the direct link to the Realtek AC97 download.

Advertisements

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
so i uninstalled them but it didn't seem to make any difference i am still getting lag when watching videos. Now im not sure if this has to do with anything but i went into device managaer to see if everything was ok and found a yellow ! i will post a pic for you of what it said after i clicked on it

Attached Thumbnails

• unknowndevice.jpg

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Not only is there a delay in sound for videos/movies when i play world of Warcraft its also happening in there

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK right click on the yellow entry and click uninstall. Then reboot and lets see if it will actually tell you what device it is trying to install.

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Here you go

Attached Thumbnails

• newhardware2.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Several different ways to correct this. The utility is not a needed program so you could just right click on it in device manager and then just disable it.
If your motherboard is a Asus you can do the following according to a resolution I found.

i put the ASUS driver cd
and then ran the "ADD HARDWARE WIZARD"
it searched for the appropriate driver'S and TADA the error was no more..
i guessed it was a motherboard issue.....and googled abt this while the drivers were getting installed and found this page .....the error is not poping anymore ..and there is no "UNKNOWN" device in my device manager list.... .

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I tried running found new hardware , i have the mobo cd in my drive and after about a minute of searching it brings up a list i search the list and there is nothing for win XP i went to asus website and for some reason when i click download it won't bring me to the download page to see if there is something for it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then disable it in the Device Manager and see if you have any other issues with that utility.
Let me ask do you have the OS installation disk?

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
No, it didn't come with one it has the backup utility OS on the D drive

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that won't help as normally the recovery partition will format the drive and bring everything back to factory.

If you could borrow a OEM version of the same type OS you have...Home, media or Pro then we could attempt a repair installation.

Advertisements

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Searching add/remove again i find these two drivers

1:high definition audio driver package-kb888111

2:via platform device manager

What if i uninstall those two and then reboot and let them re-install, would that maybe help ??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This driver hotfix from Microsoft kb888111 is over a year old and if the sound was working before there should be no issue other then the fact you replaced the main components.
The issue is you replaced the motherboard, CPU and memory correct?

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
That is correct, up until the change sound was working good then after the change there is a delay in everything, sometimes on reboot it will work fine for a min then go back to the delay

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you replace the mother, CPU and memory with exactly the same motherboard and CPU?

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
No the motherboard was a ASUS ABAE-LE AMBERINE-M 939 MOTHERBOARD and was changed to a ASUS M4A78LT-M LE

The CPU was an AMD Athlon 4600+ and changed to an AMD Phenom II x2 560 black edition

Memory was 2.5 gb of pc3200 and changed to 4gb of ddr3