Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Defective uninstall facility

• Please log in to reply

jjfw42

jjfw42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I found an instruction sheet for the machine with a list of all the sockets and features on the case.

Attached Thumbnails

• Toshiba laptop icons.jpg

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thanks. That means it isn't trying to install a network card then.
Let me ask is everything else now working correctly with the system as far as you can tell?

jjfw42

jjfw42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
It would appear to be, although in all honesty I've not spent much time on it doing the sort of work that I intend to use it for. I've had a superficial play with the various music editing programmes and they all seem to be working normally, but the acid test will be once I start editing in earnest. My main fear is that I'll get half way through a project and the machine and/or the software will pack up. I think I explained at the outset that I'm well versed with these particular programmes so I'm keen to use them rather than the (very) expensive variants which would be compatible with Windows 7, or freeware such as Audacity or Wavosaur which I've found to be a bit hit and miss. It's an enormous shame that the manufacturers have given up on them, if they could be patched to run in Win 7 that would solve all of my problems. C'est la vie!

I think the next step will be to give it a go and see what happens.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep give it the big test and let me know. :)

jjfw42

jjfw42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I most certainly will!

Whatever happens I'd like to thank you again for all your help with this matter, without it I would have given up on the machine (and thence the project) some time ago.

If I do encounter any further problems should I start a new post or add to this one?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go ahead and post here as long as it has to do with the same issue right now. Any new issue not related to this one you would need to start a new topic. I await your hopefully happy results.